Back in October, I was talking with Lydon from Dorkside Fitness and we decided we wanted to do something really cool and a bit more video than we'd been doing. In this video I'm going to talk through what we planned, and what we did, then I'll break out a bunch of other articles that dive deeper into each subject.
We had a few goals
I feel like we accomplished most of our goals, but it wasn't without a lot of hiccups.
Originally we thought it was going to be pretty simple, and basically amount to:
Sounds easy right? Shouldn't even take 4 months, surprised we didn't get it done back in September.
So we reached out to the Arhat Orphan brotherhood, I'd done some BTS on another Wolverine-themed project with them and thought they were amazing. I asked, told them our idea, and they said yes!
It only took a few meetings to realize that this is what it would take to actually make the project.
Each of these except the script, started small, but ended up scaling bigger and bigger as we refused to compromise too much quality while trying to accomplish something really amazing.
The script, started big, and ended much smaller than expected. Which is fine, because we'll film those other scenes across many more vignettes. What was most surprising is that we had already scaled back from something too complex, got rid of crazy powers, thought just a few pages would be what we could handle, well those 2 or 3 pages of script was reduced to just a few paragraphs.
Heck yeah! We learned so much, honestly so much! I'm going to write a bunch more blogs describing this journey, but seriously, it was amazing, and I can't wait to share the final product with you all!
In the meantime, enjoy some more BTS photos!